Something To Think About
About Our Company
We started this company with one goal, to keep the worker safe. With over a decade in the metal building industry, we continuously strive to improve safety for our fellow workers. Through several years of engineering, development, and testing, we now offer several products, including our Flex temporary horizontal lifeline fall protection system, Flex LE-PBR, and the Flex LE-SSR.
* Falls are the leading cause of worker deaths in the construction field
* Of all industries, construction sees the most fatal falls.
* Fall protection is the most frequently cited OSHA standard
* It is the employers responsibility to provide fall protection and training
What is our Fall Protection System designed for?
- Fall Protection when installing roofing(metal buildings) or decking(structural steel)
- 100% tie off across entire roof/working surface
- Raised life line to reduce trip hazards and entanglement
- Life line height also reduces freefall distance, therefore reducing forces sustained by worker if a fall should occur
The methods most commonly used in the field is subpar at best. You will usually see crews pull a cable across the roof at foot level, and tie each end to a rafter or column. While this does work, it is not efficient, and increases the potential for trips, hang-ups, and potential injury. Lower cable also means longer free fall distance. When free fall distance is increased, so are the forces that worker will sustain. We have also observed that a lot of the equipment being used for fall protection in the field is not compliant with OSHA standards, which can lead to equipment failure and possible death. Unfortunately there are some who don't use any fall protection at all, risking their lives and fellow workers lives in the process.
Remember, every job is different. What worked on a previous job may not be applicable to your new project, so keep that in mind. Evaluate your jobsites and ask yourself a few questions....